Kate says

I have many alternative worlds, all on my bookshelf. Working at BookLikes.com Say hello: kate at booklikes dot com

The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag - Alan Bradley A Red Herring Without Mustard: A Flavia de Luce Novel (Flavia de Luce Mysteries) - Alan Bradley The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie: A Flavia de Luce Mystery (Flavia de Luce Mysteries) - Alan Bradley

Delicious Pieces

I came across this series by accident and that's how it started and then I realized that I  enjoy YA books - how surprised I was! The books are written with passion, the language and writing style is great, plot surprising and main characters engaging. Overally, very good and delicious pieces of light literature. Enjoyable read.

Part One - The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie: A Flavia de Luce Mystery (Flavia de Luce Mysteries) - Alan Bradley

Flawia de Luce isn't an ordinary girl, she's all BUT and ordinary. Her passion is chemistry, especially poison production and mysteries - some say she resembles Sherlock Holmes.

This unique girl spends her free time running between her room lab and crime scene trying hard as she can to uncover not-so-easy criminal investigations. And even dead bodies cannot scare and stop her. She's really successful in revealing the truth what is quite irritating for local police (and satisfying for Flawia).

Great book, full of humor, witty mysteries and nice language. The main character of Flavia de Luce is absolutely great both due to her character but also language that we don't expect from 11 year old "girl from a good house".

I literally swallowed the book. Yummy!

Part Two - The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag: A Flavia de Luce Novel (Flavia de Luce Mysteries) - Alan Bradley

The previous part - "The sweetness at the bottom of the Pie" tasted better but this books was still very enjoyable.

It's the second book in Flawia de Luce series so we meet the original girl again. And, not surprisingly, she is involved (or maybe got involved by herself) into another crime mystery with some dark plots from the past, suicide and baby in the background.
Good page turner although a little bit slower than the first part - mainly by the history recalls.

But still quite handy:)

Part Three - A Red Herring Without Mustard: A Flavia de Luce Novel (Flavia de Luce Mysteries) - Alan Bradley

Just started and can't wait :)