Kate says

I have many alternative worlds, all on my bookshelf. Working at BookLikes.com Say hello: kate at booklikes dot com

Story for a Friend: Translated by Maya Peretz

Story for a Friend: Translated by Maya Peretz - Halina PoĊ›wiatowska ***Grab Your Life This is one of my favorite books. It tells a story of Polish writer, a poet who suffers from severe heart disease. In spite of many difficulties and drawbacks of her health condition, she remains vivid, full of life, brave and adventures young woman. She decides to go to US to have an extremely difficult surgery, but then she decides to stay longer to learn, study on the university, fall in love. Well, the surgery didn't help a lot but she still had more life in her vain that I have now- that's a little bit sad. It's a kind of book that opens your eyes and let you enjoy your own life - because in fact we have nothing to complain about. My life perspective changed after reading this book. Unfortunately, I'm "a short distance runner" so it didn't last long... But "Story for a friend" still remains as one of the best autobiographical books on my shelf.