I have many alternative worlds, all on my bookshelf. Working at BookLikes.com Say hello: kate at booklikes dot com
Curious what's going on in the book world? We've got some news from recent days.
- J. K. Rowling released her first book for adult audience The Casual Vacancy. The first printing counts 2 million copies. The book had an embargo for reviews and pre-sell before official book release date and hour.
- Recent new book releases included great titles, such as: Joseph Anton by Salman Rushdie, Winter of the World (Century of Giants Trilogy 2) by Ken Follet, Notorious Nineteen (Stephanie Plum Novels) by Janet Evanovich. More 2012 fall books are on our bookshelf.
- Books, food and drinks come well together. Flavorwire matches books with cocktails and NPR books pictures literary food scenes from most famous books in beautiful photos.
- ALA (American LibraryAssocianion) starts Banned Books Week and celebrates freedom to read any books any time on Sunday September, 30. “A challenge is defined as a formal, written complaint, filed with a library or school requesting that materials be removed because of content or appropriateness” and it still happens reports ALA and can lead to book banning. To shelve books that’ve been most often challenged in recent decade go to BookLikes shelf. To know more about this literary event go here.
- Man Booker Prize judge Sir Peter Stothard questions book blogging and fears that it may harm literature. We all agree it’s not the case and that he got it all wrong as “Book Bloggers are Book Lovers”
- Stephen King’s Misery will hit … the theater, The Guardian reports. Misery’s US stage premiere will be out this fall with limited run at the Bucks County Playhouse in Pennsylvania. The book’s adaptation for the play was done by William Goldman.
- Last week Stephen King celebrated his 65th birthday. The author announced to release in September 2013 Doctor Sleep, the sequel of bestseller The Shining.
- September 24 was a National Punctuation Day. Do you care for dots and commas as much as for words while writing a book review?
- Book and Movie: The Hobbit‘s movie trailer was released ‘teasing’ Tolkien’s fans, movie premier is set on December, 14.
- Arnold Schwarzenegger releases on Monday his autobiography Total Recall where he portrays hin journey from noname bodybuilder to most popular actor and governor. The book has also so spicy family secrets (as NY Daily News reports braking book embargo).