Kate says

I have many alternative worlds, all on my bookshelf. Working at BookLikes.com Say hello: kate at booklikes dot com

N-Evermore

Evermore - Alyson Noel

There aren't many books that I found boring but this one is the case. Only last 80-90 pages were readable and somehow 'engaging'. The whole plot is so predictable, charatchers stereotyped and language plane that it nearly hurt me while reading the first half of the book.

Evermore tells a story of Ever, a teen who after losing her family in a car crash discovers  having supernatural abilities of hearing other's thoughts and seeing their auras, emotional state and feelings. As we all know teen's life ain't easy, especially when you're a freak and everyone's considers Ever as such. So she makes friends with other unpopular kids in new school until a super-awesome-cool boy appears at school (what a cliche) who is full of mysteries and ... super powers (oh, really?). There is a tension between the two but it cannot be so easy some third parties interfere, some being from different world.

Some parts of the plot near the ending could be really interesting but weren't used and developed by the author. It seems as she decided to stick to cliche-used-safe book formula making the read nothing special. For me it was disappointment in young adult reading spehre. I decided to give it 2 stars instead of 1 as I found the blink of good and decent ideas in the second half of the book, however, not brought into the first plan.